During Practice or Play:
When Moving or Storing Goals:
- Always instruct players on the potential dangers associated with movable soccer goals.
- Movable soccer goals should only be used on level (flat) fields.
- Soccer goals - especially movable goals - must be securely anchored or counterweighted at ALL times.
- Check the structural integrity and proper connecting hardware BEFORE EVERY USE.
- Replace damaged or missing parts immediately.
- NEVER allow anyone - especially children - to climb on the net or goal framework.
- Ensure safety/warning labels are present and clearly visible (placed under the crossbar and on the sides of the down-posts at eye level).
- ONLY AUTHORIZED AND TRAINED PERSONNEL SHOULD MOVE SOCCER GOALS.
- Children should NEVER be allowed to move soccer goals.
- Adults must always exercise extreme caution when moving goals, allowing adequate manpower.
- Remove nets when goals are not in use.
- Fully disassemble goals for seasonal storage.
- For storage:
- Chain one goal to another, to itself in a folded down position, or to nearby fence posts, dugouts, or other similar sturdy fixture.
- Ideally, store movable soccer goals where children WILL NOT have access to them.