Vernon Hills Park District Soccer Goal Policy
1. The Vernon Hills Park District will not install or otherwise place onto District property any soccer goals that are not secured with locks to an underground base.
2. The Vernon Hills Park District shall routinely check all portable soccer goals that it has installed or placed on Park District property to verify that they are properly anchored:
- Weekly during the youth soccer playing season;
- Monthly during the off season (winter);
- Written record of the safety check shall be completed.
3. No person other than an authorized employee of the Vernon Hills Park District shall be permitted to move any soccer goal the Park District owned or otherwise installed or placed on its property. This rule shall be posted on all such soccer goals.
4. The Vernon Hills Park District will provide in any permit agreement into which it enters with the Greater Libertyville Soccer Association or any other organization for the use of District property for soccer games, scrimmages and/or practices that (i) the permitee, organization, employees and volunteers may not install, place or use soccer goals that are not anchored to the ground in the manner provided in paragraph (1) above; and (ii) the permitee, organization, its employees and volunteers may not move any soccer goal that the district has installed or otherwise placed on its property; (iii) the permitee, organization, its employees and volunteers may not move any soccer goal that it/they have installed or placed on District property unless it is in accordance with those methods set forth in paragraph (5) below. Any violation of these requirements will be cause for immediate termination of the permit agreement, and may be a basis for denial in the future.
5. At the conclusion of each youth soccer season, the Vernon Hills Park District will remove all soccer goals that it has installed or otherwise placed on its property and store such goals at a secure location or will otherwise secure such goals on its property in accordance with the following:
1. Place the goal frames fact to face and secure them at each goalpost with a lock and chain, or
2. Lock and chain to a suitable fixed structure such as a permanent fence, or
3. Lock unused portable goals in a secure storage room after each use, or
4. Fully disassemble the goals for season storage.
6. The Vernon Hills Park District will not purchase any portable soccer goal for use on its property unless the goal is equipped with a counter-balance or stabilizer bar to limit the ability of the goal to be tipped over, or such other design-feature approved by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
7. The only exception to the above policies are light weight, fold-up or pop-up collapsible portable soccer goals which are typically sold and used for youth soccer practice or training sessions (detail to be filed in).
8. A designee (by name and or position) shall be designated as having the responsibility to monitor and carry out the soccer goal policy.